Re: [IP] retinopathy

Things our children say to us at times do hurt and I know it is hard not to
take it to heart. I, myself, go through this with my 13 year old daughter.
Sometimes it can bring tears to my eyes and makes me depressed, but I look
past all of that and look at her as though I were in her shoes, realizing
that life at this age is hard. Case in hand....We spent the last week in the
hospital with Natalee in DKA and very sick. I had to sit back and listen
while she cried, held her hand while she vomited and asked me so many times
to make this stop. I can't do that, this is a very vicious disease at times.
Being a child and going through either this disease or puberty has its
challenges and we all have to just love them anyway we can and hope for the
best. Sometimes I find myself sitting in the dark and crying, wondering where
Natalee's life will take her and wondering how long I will have her. I am
very afraid for my daughter right now as are her doctors. If I could trade
her places I would in a heartbeat. I would love to take all her pain,
heartbreak, confusion and such off her shoulders, but I cannot do that and
that breaks my heart. Think of the happy times when you are down, find a
happy thought of your daughter that makes you laugh and you will be able to
over come this time in your life. I do this everyday and somehow it has
helped me get through all the hard times.
You love your daughter and if she does not see that now, she will someday
realize that you do.
My thoughts are with you.
Mom to a purple haired 13 years old diabetic...STILL!!!! waiting for her  pump