Re: [IP] New Minimed Quick Sets

Brian... I just started my pump. I was on the sils, but when I got my pump
they sent me the quicksets. They have their upside and their downs. For
example, the quicksets, I have found, stay attached to me better than the
sils. The sticky stuff on the sils starts to kink up on the 2nd day of
wearing them. However, no problem with that and the quicksets. I like much
better the quicksets insertion. I love the little "gun" thing that comes
with the quicksets, it makes insertion much easier. I also find that the
quicksets are a little bit more comfortable to wear, because it doesn't go
in at an angle like the sils. However, yesterday, I brok my quickset right
at the insertion site. I accidentally pulled the tubing and the part that
clicks onto the insertion site, popped off! I was debating changing the
tubing, but I was able to (it seemed) just put the connector thing back on
and it stayed there. However, in my class I went to check on it and it had
fallen off. After my class I checked my BG's and I was over 350. I called
minimed and they said to change the tubing. I think the sils are more
durable than the quicksets, based on my experience yesterday... I never had
any probs with the sils breaking off at the insertion site and I did a lot
of accidental tugging on the tubing.
well, I hope this helps.