[IP] keeping water out of sil

I must be doing something wrong.  How do the rest of you sil users keep
your shower water from getting into the little clear window part of the
set --- you know, where the cannula goes into your skin?  I don't worry
that the white part of the tape takes on some moisture, but I don't like
having that little clear window with our municipal water in it ---  we
don't trust the stuff enough to drink it, either!!!  The little plastic
gizmo protects the tubing attachment side well enough, but I feel the
insertion point should be kept clean and dry, as well.  Any pointers?

still shivering in Niagara Falls, NY
happily pumping since 1/2/2001