RE:[IP] Questions for Animas Pumpers

> 1) The Animas pump only does boluses in .5 unit increments (not in .1 unit
> increments that you can do with MM & Dis)
>           >>>> The literature I have says .1 unit increments for regular &
> extended boluses .5 unit increments for audio boluses that are .5 to 9.5
> units total and .1 unit increments for audio boluses of .1 to 1.9 units . . .
> *** (BTW, what makes an audio bolus different from a regular one -- Doea it
> just have different limitations as a battery saving thing or what?) ***
> 2)  The Animas pump had very limited memory for alarms and boluses (like less
> than 10-12 -- which could make trouble shooting mysterious BG levels
> difficult -- especially with a child pumper)
>         >>>> Just today someone posted that they'd just gotten a new Animas
> that had memory for (i think) the past 255 alarms and 255 boluses  (so I
> assume the CDE just hadn't heard about the newest update to the Animas pump)
> 3)  They had concerns about technical support -- since (1) the local rep was
> brand new, (2) It's a smaller, newer company, and (3) they (the CDE/clinic)
> had no experience with them
>        >>>> I thought these were reasonable concerns since they have no past
> experience with this company -- What types of experience with customer
> service/technical support have you Animas pumpers had?  When you have had
> problems or questions -- who do you talk to and were they knowledgeable &
> reponsive?
> Lyndy

   I have been using the Animas pump for about seven months now, and
here is what I can tell you.
Basal Rates are in 0.05 units per hour increments which is really great
for those who are sensitive to insulin.  The service from Animas is
first rate; you will not only have the local sales rep helping you, but
also a statewide and national rep to answer any of your questions.  The
pump training was one on one, which I thought was great, as I didn't
have to wait for a month to get trained on the pump.  The new pumps have
a big memory of boluses and alarms so don't worry about that.  Lastly,
the service is first rate because the company is a bit smaller, and they
want this pump to be the best on the market.  I highly recommend it as a
swimmer and pumper.

Dave Sieperda