[IP] Re: New Minimed Quick Sets

Hi Brian,
    I haven't used any sets yet, Claire is due to start pumping next week.
    But, I saw the MM Quick Sets tonight and I thought they looked great!!
Now this is coming from a Mom who is a bit nervous about doing this sort of
thing, so bear that in mind.
    The insertion device is expensive ($100 in Canada) and it looks like a $3
piece of plastic!  But it is so easy.  Its like a bubble shape which holds
the set; you hold it against the spot you've selected and press the side
buttons.  Bingo, set is in and tape is down!  It has a little cover that you
turn to remove to insert your tubing.  With this cover its waterproof for
bathing.  Nice and neat looking.
    It was my first time seeing a Sof-Set inserted and it really looked
awkward in comparison.    I don't know if you can insert it without the
inserter device or not.
    The rep told me that she thinks the Quick Set will completely replace the
Sof-Set fairly quickly, due to customer preference.
    Just my very unskilled opinion!

Barbara, Claire's Mum