[IP] Has anyone heard of parathyroidism?

I am having  parathyroidectomy surgery  in two weeks  and I am nervous
about it with the insulin pump and being  put under. I have no choice
but to have surgery.This is the only way to correct this. The doctor
told me I have to have the more invasive kind. My test didn't show which
one or more is bad so he has to look for it. :(  My calcium and harmone
blood count is critically high.
Being a diabetic and hypertension and my crazy system with reactions I
admit  it scares me,but I will be Ok I have faith in God.
Appreciate any comments or encouragement. Shirley