[IP] hypothyroidism Hashimoto's dz, Hashimotos dz and iddm

> Lauren has had a goiter for going on three years now. Her TSH or is it THS
> is slowly creeping up. Last one was 4.82, with if I recall correctly, .7 to
> 5,0 being lab normal. But her endo said most people when "formally" dx with
> thyroid disease are up around 50.0 to 75.0.

I'm not so sure about waiting until the TSH is around 50.0 before
starting treatment.

well, treatment is not withheld for tsh of 50 or more when it is obvious ya
got hashimoto's dz.  if you r symptomatic, treatment is started when ya got
symptoms. Hashimotos and T1 diabetes are very common comorbidities, treatment
isn't withheld its just that kids are often not symptomatic untill the tsh
gets way up there. 4.82 is stll less than 5.0 spot and christine