[IP] Goiter in Kids

A goiter can be caused by either an overactive or underactive thyroid.  My
sister has been on thyroid medication since about 13, one pill a day, for an
underactive thyroid.  I'm type 1 and have been on synthroid for over 15 years.
I believe both diabetes and Hashimoto's thyroiditis (hypothyroid) are
auto-immune diseases.  A good book about thyroid problems is The Thyroid Book by
Martin Surks, M.D.
pumping since 4/10/99