[IP] Questions for Animas Pumpers

I was talking to a CDE today who does pump starts about our choice of the
Animas pump (now that the H-tron is no longer considered waterproof -- an
important feature to us).  She expressed several concerns about the Animas
pumps (after admitting that she didn't have much/any experience with them) --
as far as I can tell, her concerns are based on outdated or incomplete
information, but I wanted to confirm that fact with some actual pumpers . . .

She said:
1) The Animas pump only does boluses in .5 unit increments (not in .1 unit
increments that you can do with MM & Dis)
extended boluses .5 unit increments for audio boluses that are .5 to 9.5
units total and .1 unit increments for audio boluses of .1 to 1.9 units . . .
*** (BTW, what makes an audio bolus different from a regular one -- Doea it
just have different limitations as a battery saving thing or what?) ***

2)  The Animas pump had very limited memory for alarms and boluses (like less
than 10-12 -- which could make trouble shooting mysterious BG levels
difficult -- especially with a child pumper)
that had memory for (i think) the past 255 alarms and 255 boluses  (so I
assume the CDE just hadn't heard about the newest update to the Animas pump)

3)  They had concerns about technical support -- since (1) the local rep was
brand new, (2) It's a smaller, newer company, and (3) they (the CDE/clinic)
had no experience with them
experience with this company -- What types of experience with customer
service/technical support have you Animas pumpers had?  When you have had
problems or questions -- who do you talk to and were they knowledgeable &

Thanks a bunch -- we're coming down to the wire to file for approval from the
insurance company, so quick responses would *really* be appreciated!