[IP] Disetronic H-tron FAQ Update

Disetronics has released a new FAQ regarding the safety, reliability and the
warranty coverage for their H-tron and H-tron Plus insulin pumps.  I believe
this will bring some clarification and will end speculation as to what may be
expected from Disetronics.

"What has changed about the H-TRON and H-TRONplus pumps?"

"Answer: Only our instructions for use. Because our first concern is
customer safety, we are recommending these pumps not be used in
contact with water. A few pump wearers reported experiencing hypo-
glycemic episodes after swimming or bathing, and some sought medical
attention. They also reported in such cases that their pump had allegedly
delivered more insulin than was programmed. Analysis of the insulin pumps
returned to us revealed that water had entered the pumps. The source of
the water entry was determined to be cracks in the pump housing or other
leaks where water was able to get into the electronic compartment. With
the current recommendation to avoid water in mind, your H-TRON or H-
TRONplus pump will continue to deliver the same safe and effective insulin
therapy as it has in the past."

You can read the full FAQ at: