> ... I don't think the tubing is lubricated.  The lubrication in the
> cartridge is for the plunget.  Those 2 o rings at the end...

I think you are right. Aging of the lubricant probably only effects the
reservoirs. However, there may still be a problem with the rest of the set -
and I am only guessing on this one because no one has ever told me about
this.  That additional problem could be aging of the adhesive  used to
secure the site.