Re: [IP] Goiter in kids

Don't know if this will help but about 1.5 yrs before I was diagnosed with diabetes I had a goiter and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and took synthroid for a couple of years.  Then about 3 years after diagnosis I suddenly became hyperthyroid and had to have surgery to have over 3/4 of my thyroid removed.  I do not take anything for my thyroid, my little piece left is doing just fine for me.  All this started when I was a teenager also.  I can tell you that when I was hypothyroid the symptoms were really not that bad but when I became hyperthyroid it was horrendous.
Right now my sister who is 30 has a goiter but all her tests come back normal - they are just watching it for now.  You can't really see hers, but mine looked like a was gestating some alien in my neck...LOL
Geneece
dxd 87
pump 7/00