Re: [IP] Pumps and Meters

> Pamela Payne wrote:
> >  An older or sight impaired Diabetic would
> > love to hear the little clicks of the MM delivering insulin...music to their
> > ears...but a total embarrassment to a 14 year girl and a distraction to the
> > teachers in her classes.
> Just a neutral observation:
> So, basically, it's an unfounded assumption that the clicks make the
> MM inappropriate for school age children or their teachers.
Ditto that on behalf of Lily whose MM has been clicking at school for
almost 7 years now. The kids are curious and once they really
understand a little about diabetes and Lily's ability to manage it
are a bit in awe of her rather because she has accomplished so much
in spite of having diabetes. Likewise, my twin 11 yo boys have a
friend with a MM507 in their class -- she's one of the most popular
girls. All of these kids are respected for their forthright
management of their diabetes.