Re: [IP] Pumps and Meters

Pamela Payne wrote:
>  An older or sight impaired Diabetic would
> love to hear the little clicks of the MM delivering insulin...music to their
> ears...but a total embarrassment to a 14 year girl and a distraction to the
> teachers in her classes.

Just a neutral observation:

I AM the teacher, and I have a MM, and believe me, the clicks are no
distraction at all, either to me or to my classes. One of the students
in my school also has a MM, and she has had no problems with the
clicking with teachers or fellow students that I know of.

The only thing they notice, and then only occasionally, is alarm beeps
-- and once I explain it, they ignore it perfectly easily.

So, basically, it's an unfounded assumption that the clicks make the MM
inappropriate for school age children or their teachers.
 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted