[IP] Re: A1c's vs. mmol

You hit it right on the head!!! Glad to know someone knew exactly what I
meant. Since I didn't have the chart in front of me, it was hard to explain.
It's like, *I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.* (~_^)

Jan - who is coming down with a cold and whose hugsband just arrived home
(trucker) voiceless!

    I understand what you are talking about!  So I looked at my chart and
found to my surprise that with a HA1c of 6.0, this represented an average
blood glucose level of 6.0 mmol/L.  But as your HA1c moves up, you quickly
move away from the correlation.  For example, with a HA1c of 8.0 the average
blood sugar would be 10 mmol/L and with a HA1c of 11 (which my little girl had
last November) the average blood sugar is a whopping 16 mmol/l , which is
getting close to 300 on the USA used scale. Of course, all labs have slightly
different normal  values. Hope this helps!
Barbara, Mum of Claire 6 >>>