[IP] Re: I want a Freestyle

Hi Shelly,
    The One Touch Ultra is already available in Ontario.  We have used up the
12 sample strips and now that I have a new Rx will be going to get some more
strips tomorrow, they are in stock they say.  We haven't tried it anywhere
other than fingers, though, Claire doesn't want to.  I must say that I'm not
sure that I consider it an improvement over our Elite, but a good long trial
with more strips may convince me.  The Elite just sucks up the blood so
easily and needs such a small amount, and you can add to it in the first few
seconds if it isn't full (ours is a 30 second countdown) hence almost never
waste strips.  Same goes for using the Ultra lancing device--just not sure
how Claire will like it when used continually.  We currently use the
Soft-Clix, so it is quite different.  A very flimsy feel to it in comparison.
    The Ultra was free with a trade in of any old meter, get the pharmacist
to phone and ask about this offer if he/she doesn't know about it.  Its a
nice little package of stuff--carry case, lancing device and meter.
    But I agree with your frustration over getting items much later in
Canada, if at all!!  When will we see the new Ultraflex or the Quick sets???
    Oh well, we had Splenda first.
P.S.  What lancets do you need to use the Elite on the arm?  A very fine one?

Barbara, Mum of Claire 6, whose pump arrived today.