Re: [IP] Frozen shoulder and elbow pain

Three years ago, I hurt my left shoulder and it became frozen.  I went
through aggressive PT, surgery and even manipulation under anesthesia.  I
spent almost a year trying all of these treatments and all it did was
aggravate the condition.  The following year, I just allowed my body to heal
itself, using the shoulder only to the extent that I did not suffer any
discomfort.  I found that over exerting the muscles in an effort to begin
reusing the muscles only made matters worse and prolonged the healing
process.  After a year of light useage, and stretching, I finally regained
99% of my original range of motion.

The elbow pain is referred from the shoulder injury.  I had the same problem
and once the shoulder began to heal the elbow pain went away.

Then I did the same thing again, except this time to my right shoulder.  I
tried light PT for awhile, but then decided to let mother nature do its job.
My shoulder is improving, but it will just take time.  I think up to a year
is to be sometimes expected if you don't re-injure yourself during the
healing process.

I don't believe this is a condition of diabetes, but rather just getting
older.

Mark

44 years old and feeling it daily!