Re: [IP] Re:fasttake strips

At 02:52 PM 3/27/2001 Teresa R Windham wrote:
 >Hi!  just curious, compared to the Fast Take, is the Ultra larger or
 >smaller in size? Does it have any other features that the Fast Take
 >doesn't have? Lifescan is sending us a Ultra, too, because of the
 >problems we are still having finding strips. My son really likes his Fast
 >Take, so not too sure if he is going to be happy with this change! Maybe
 >it will only have to be temporary??!

It's identical in size to the FastTake. The main advantages is that it's
faster (5 seconds) and is also supposed to work in a wider range of
temperatures than the FastTake did. A possible disadvantage is that it
takes different strips from the FastTake... so if you have a large
investment in the FastTake strips, you can't use them in the new meter. But
for me this is actually good, because I can get the Ultra strips, whereas I
can't find the FastTake strips anywhere.