RE: [IP] mg/dl vs mmol

Ingrid Fylling [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> The HbA1c only gives a hint of
> the risk of
> developing complications.

Ingrid, I'm afraid you have it backwards.  It's elevated HbA1c that is
*most* associated with risk of complications.  The numbers we get from our
meters are the approximation.

> btw: This mg/dl system contra mmol/l - What do you think
> about it?

They are equivalent, but use different units.  It's like using the English
system for measuring distance (miles, yards, acres, etc.) as opposed to
metric (kilometers, meters, hectares, etc.).  The amount is the same
regardless of how it is labeled.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR