Re: [IP] mg/dl vs mmol

HbA1c is not measured in mmol/l, but in % of glucosylated hemoglobin. An
HbA1c of 6 does not mean an average BG of 6mmol/l. My experience is that
average in mmol/l is around 7 (126) if the HbA1c is 6%. But the HbA1cs wil
be now good to tell how good controlled one's diabetes is. Lots of hypos
would make "perfect" HbA1c numbers. It wont reveal the strainous BG swings
many people have to deal with. The HbA1c only gives a hint of the risk of
developing complications.

btw: This mg/dl system contra mmol/l - What do you think about it? I'm not
uset to mg/dl, so I think it is a bit comfusing (even if I know how to
convert mmol/l to mg/dl.) Do you think the one system is better or more
acurate than th other?

Norwegian DX 96, pump 12/2000