Re: [IP] Post site change crashes

Three times in a row now when Lauren
> has needed a site change
> because of a high, she has had a BIG TIME low
> afterwards -- like about two
> hours after the change and going down in the 20's
> and 30's. Should I NOT do
> a correction bolus right away even if she's really
> high? Her correction
> ratio works at all other times. I'm thinking, should
> I wait an hour for any
> insulin that may have just seeped through to work
> before I correct her? Does
> this happen to anyone else?

Yes, this happens to us at EVERY site change!  I have
learned NOT to do a correction bolus at all, and she
will still come down, somtimes much too low.  Then she
will even out and things will be fine till the next
site change.  Lately, I have been feeding her a small
snack, about 10-12g carbs immediately after a site
change, even if her bg is high.  This seems to have
helped a bit.  Our worst lows are after a site change,
usually in the 30's.  Strange but true for us.  I know
some people have trouble with highs after a site
change and leave the old set in for awhile.  So, YMMV.

Nita in Texas
Mom of Jessica, 9, dx'd @ 9 months, pumping, and Jarred, 10 and a great help!

Do You Yahoo!?