Re: [IP] Re: A1c's vs mmol

>I am responding with:
>What I meant was an A1c of *6.8* is not equivalent to an average BG of 6.8
>mmol.  I saw a chart of these numbers and the A1c values were not equal to
>mmol BG values. IOW, if someone *consistently* had a BG of 6.8 mmol, the A1c
>does not readout at 6.8. My intention isn't to compare people to people - it's
>value to value. I probably have confused everyone as much as I am confused.

NOt at all.  I wanted to make clear to many that A1C's cannot be trasnlated
into a mean long-term bg and that an A1C of 6.8 for me may be 5.9 for you.
I know you know.  I just get irked by people so often striving for an A1C
of X when a drop in their own A1C whether it be form 9 to 5 or 10 to 7 are
both equally as great!  (I know my A1C of 5.1 shows drastic improvment for
me form 9.2 but that's all.  5.1 for me may equal 7.8 for another).

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!

To date:   55% improvement in average bg's & 70% fewer hypos.