Re: [IP] I want to vent # 2

>i have tried to see another doctor
>the wait was until june to see them

You're right.  No one does care.  Those few medical professionals I've
encountered over the last 27 years who did care, certainly did not have the
information on DM to be of much assistance.

So, what doyou have to work with?  No one cares.  Yep.  That's why you & I
are both on this list.  We're trying to help ourselves and this list is
full of wonderful, informed people who IMO are as valuabel as any good endo
could ever hope to be!

Since we know no one is obligated to look after us and it's just plain
insane to expect others to take responsibility for ourselves; we must look
after us on our own and use others for ideas & support.

A short doctors' consultation isn't going to cure your problems overnight

Your background to date?  Have you read Pumping Insulin or Stop the
rollercoaster?  What therapies have you tried to date etc.?

PLan to manage your diabetes and plan to only rely on doctors, or this list
or anything else for additional ideas and support.  no one can help you
even if they did care.  You'll find there is a lot of kind support for you
and any efforts you take though!  Promise!  (I know - I'm only happily on
the pump because I was so desperate and had no proper doctor either.  I
appealed to anyone to help me find a used pump one June night last year
with your words... ...the rest is history :)

All teh best too you!  You can do it - the doctors can't though!

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!

To date:   55% improvement in average bg's & 70% fewer hypos.