[IP] Re: A1c's vs mmol

I wrote:
>>My understanding is that only USA and Japan use mg/dl for BG tests. And I
believe the percentages of A1c's do not equal the mmol BGs. Something
forsomeone to check out. (~_^) >>

Darrin replied:
>A1C results in no way reflect average bg's in any measurement!  A1C's are
good only as a measure of improved or the opposite of control of an
individual.  With enough stats one can get an "average bg" equivalent to the
A1C result but this is very individual!  We cannot compare A1C's among us! >

I am responding with:
What I meant was an A1c of *6.8* is not equivalent to an average BG of 6.8
mmol.  I saw a chart of these numbers and the A1c values were not equal to
mmol BG values. IOW, if someone *consistently* had a BG of 6.8 mmol, the A1c
does not readout at 6.8. My intention isn't to compare people to people - it's
value to value. I probably have confused everyone as much as I am confused.

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHbashpics
Poor spellers of the world, untie!

BTW:  Conversion for mmol/l to mg/dl is about 18.  * or / as you may be

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!