I just had my first experience with static Electricity wipig out my basals.
My husband, 2 teens and I went to Penn State College to look at it for my
daughter, over the weekend.
We left Phila  on Friday Evening and got up there in time for dinner. After
Dinner, we stopped at a super to get a couple of things. All of a sudden the
pump alarms went off.
We went back to the hotel and I called. The static from what I was wearing
caused the incident.
Fortunately I remembered my patterns.
I called MM and they said if you aren't wearing the 508 in the Leather Case
that came with it, or if it isn't touching your skin, this can happen.

It was annoying, but the same static charge would have wiped my computer.
I hope in future pumps they install some kind of grounding thing, but since
they don't do that in computers, I have my doubts.