Re: [IP] Vacation Help

>*How about traveling outside the states any extra
>precautions you guys advise? I already got some pens
>from my endo for a back-up.
You should have not only short acting insulin (to bolus if necessary), but
also long (or intermediate)--whatever you were on before the pump incase
something happens to the pump that can't be fixed immediately.
>*Does anybody know Mini-med policy  (if for some
>reason my pump breaks,) what they will do?
I don't know their policy by I was in India and had a minor error problem,
they talked me through it. The 800 number does not work from outside the
states, but they also answer their toll number 24/7.
>*What about flying and insulin, does it need to be in
>my carry on, I heard that it did?
Always carry your insulin with you. The temperature changes that can occur
in the baggage compartment can ruin you insulin.
Hope you have a good time.