[IP] Insulin Pen/Increments of 0.5 Units

I need to be prepared and carry insulin of some form in my purse. I have two questions: 1) How long can I safely carry insulin outside of the refrigerator? The package inserts say one thing and the mail order pharmacies say another. I know not let it get extremely hot or frozen, but what are reasonable guidelines?  2) Is there an insulin pen available for Humalog, which delivers in 0.5 unit increments (half unit)? I called Disetronic and there pen only delivers in 1 unit increments.
Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Andrea Seitz

Do You Yahoo!?