Re: [IP] Frio wallet - Pump and Grand Canyon

On 26 Mar 2001, at 15:51, Carl Findeiss wrote:

> i do not have any personal experience with the above product. But is
> SOUNDS like other products that I have seen. There are some small beads
> that will hold 10x their weight of water. These beads slowly release the
> water over a period of 2 days or so. The "cooling" comes from
> evaporation,

It sounds very similar.  According to the flyer, the crystals become
a gel when hydrated and then use evaporation to cool (and
therefore shouldn't be packed tightly among other things).  It
comes with an outer bag that allows air in but doesn't feel damp.

It does feel like a gel now.  And it did feel like beads or crystals
before I soaked it.