Re: [IP] Re: Pump company scare tactics

--- Todd & Shelly  Tyler <email @ redacted>
> Hi there:  When we were looking into both pumps,
> Minimed and Disetronic, the
> Disetronic Rep made a big deal about how the Minimed
> pump would NOT work for
> us using such small amounts of insulin per hour.  In
> fact, I almost went with
> Dis. based on that.  They also played on the
> waterproof function which meant
> nothing to me anyways.  The rep was not very good at
> his job.  In fact he did
> not even get back to us for a week after I initially
> called for info.  I found
> that both companies had Scare tactics against each
> others pumps, to bring us
> to them.  I finally just sat down and researched
> both and decided on the
> Minimed.  The child lock appealed...
 When I was deciding on a pump,I first talked to a
disetronic rep.,never talked to a MM one but ended up
choosing MM anyway.The D rep was really nice,he was a
pump wearer himself(disetronic of course)This was back
in October,when I was first starting to get serious
about the pump issue.6 months later,he called me back
and wanted to know if I'd decided on a pump yet.When I
told him I thought I'd go with MM,he didn't tell me
anything at all about how I'd made a bad decision-he
was just genuinely glad for me that I was getting a
pump,and anwered any general pump-related questions I
had.Now thats caring about the customer's needs,not
your bank account.All reps should be so nice!

Do You Yahoo!?