Re: [IP] Basal Rate of .1 or Use of Diluted Insulin

> (1) Does anyone have experience with basal rates of .1 units per
> hour, and if so, have you had any problems with occlusion, or were
> you ever told you needed to use diluted insulin?

When Lily first started pumping she ran basals of 0.0u/hr for 4+
hours a day and 0.1 for several more hours -- never had a problem.

Modern tubing does not usually clog, even with regular insulins.
Before the advent of polyfin tubing, clogs were common and specially
buffered insulin was developed for use in pumps -- Velosulin BR.
Polyfin tubing has effectively eliminated the need for concern about
this problem.

 I take about 46