[IP] RE: Vacation Help

>* How do you  count carbs for social drinking?

My personal experience w/ alcohol is:
wine doesn't seem to affect bg
beer, particularly heavy stuff, definitely raises my bg (I tend to be high
after more than one)
mixed drinks are much tougher!  I'm either low or high afterwards.  I
definitely disagree w/ the advice that you shouldn't bolus for tropical
drinks.  These are loaded w/ fast acting sugar and can send your bg thru the
I suggest you do some testing on your own at home before your trip.  Treat
it like basal testing.  If your basals are correct, and you haven't had a
bolus in a few hours, have a drink or two and test before, one hr after, two
hrs after, and 3.
Good luck and have fun!