Re: [IP] Re: Pump and Grand Canyon

On 25 Mar 2001, at 13:43, Thomas Beatson wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 06:27:22 -0800, "Jackie Tautz" <email @ redacted>
> wrote:
> >We're planning a family trip to the Grand Canyon in June. We'll be hiking
> >down and staying at Phantom Ranch overnight. We did it several years ago but
> >that was before I had the pump. My main concern is the effect of the heat on
> >the insulin.
>
> I have lived in Phoenix for 40 years, and have never been down into
> the Grand Canyon because of my concern for the effect of the heat on
> the insulin.

> And it sounds
> like you're talking about 36 hours of continuous exposure to the heat.

Has anyone tried the Frio wallet?  I purchased one but haven't
actually had a chance to use it yet.

http://www.frio.us.com/default.html

They SAY it'll keep insulin at "acceptable limits" (whatever they
mean by that) for about 45 hours when outside temperature is 100
degrees F.  Longer if outside temperature varies.