Re: [IP] Glucowatch

Yerachmiel <email @ redacted> wrote:

> If the patch is good for 12 hours and the new one needs three hours to warm
up, does that mean that each new patch goes in fifteen hours after the last
one (i.e. I'll have to wake up in middle of night (12, 3, 6) in order to
change the patch and then I'll have to stay awake to calibrate it during next
three hours??
> Have I missed something??

I believe it means that the total time the patch is worn is 12 hours, three of
that is "warm up".  IOW, in any 24 hour period, the user has 18 hours of
testing (3 per hour = 54 tests).  It also requires one new battery each day,
and two standard finger stick tests each day to calibrate the GlucoWatch (for
each new patch).

I'll be interested to see what they'll charge, and how long it takes insurance
companies (and HCFA/Medicare) to cover the device and the supplies.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my
wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.