[IP] Re: Weight loss

Stephanie wrote:

>>Question #2,  Has anyone else had weight loss after
starting on humalog? I am losing between 2 and 3 pounds a month since
December, when I switched from regular to humalog. I don't know if it's the
humalog, or because I have gained better control of my blood sugar, more
energy, more activity.  <<

Stephanie, I've lost over 20 pounds since starting pumping May 2000.  My
insulin needs have dropped from about 40 units per day (NPH and R mix) to
less than 30 units per day.  I figure I've lost weight since I'm no longer
treating the many lows I had before pumping due to the wide swings in bgs.
I'd like to lose 5-10 more pounds and am still losing, but at a slower pace