[IP] Re: hi risk pregnancy

  Yep, any woman who is 35 years old or will be when she delivers is considered to
have "advanced maternal age" Yep, 35 is considered advanced age for a pregnant
woman! The counseling part is because at that age it is routine to offer (and
encourage) amniocentesis.

In another post you asked

>   But really, they both want me between 60 and 120 ALL the time.
>   Every day, 24x7x?...  how many days is gestation, anyway?)

It is 280 days (40 weeks) from the first day of your last period til your due date.
This assumes you have 28 day cycles and got pregnant on day 14.  (Does it help to
know that 14 of those days are actually before you conceive?)
Of course, there is the assumption that you will deliver on your due date, and most
women don't.  2 weeks before or after that due date is considered normal. Very few
women with diabetes are allowed to go 2 weeks over.
Hope that info helps.
Trying  to stay between 60 and 120 for 40 weeks IS a lot of work, especially with
hormone levels that affect bg's changing daily. You must try your best, but you
can't make yourelf crazy when you do end up outside of these parameters. All you can
do is the best you can do.
Remember that many of us were diabetic and pregnant before home monitors, A1C's or
pumps and had beautiful healthy babies. We had to rely  on those just about useless
pee tests and occasional bg testing @ the doc's office. I'm not sure anyone even
realized that stringent control during pregnancy was as important as we now believe
it to be.
DEB