[IP] Re: I need support (and a pump!!)

Hi Michelle,
    I live in Peterborough.  My little girl is diabetic and it has been a
long struggle to get her on a pump (not started yet though).  All the hoops
to find a doctor, etc.
    But my insurance was just fine, what a relief.  However, as Darrin
mentions, I think the pump companies will lobby on your behalf.  Call for
their information packages--the Minimed pak has a sheet explicitly outlining
the program, in the Dis package it isn't as clear, but they do the same type
of thing.  Also, someone on this  list in Ontario is getting a used pump
soon, so that is a possibility.  Keep pestering your insurance company.  I
think pumps usually come under the durable equipment category.  A letter from
your doctor would help--is he supportive?  If not, find another doc, as you
should have lots to choose from in Toronto.   Unlike Peterborough.....
We are now going to Markham's Paed. Endo.
Good luck
Barbara, Mum of Claire 6