Re: [IP] I need support (and a pump!!)

Chelle,  Mel is right.  Speak to endo.
I do not have a pump yet.  My endo says pump, another team member is to contact
my ins co.  A third person nixed idea over phone as they want me to go for one
brand, I choose another  brand so nothing will be done until April, my endo
appt.
Eating minimal carbohydrates (fruit & veggies I do eat mostly), make alot of
soups with bouillon, with lean meats also, and TVP.  Am back to 1000 or under
calories a day to help control Bgs.  I think I need more basal insulin.    Did
cut insulin 11/2 units (am MDI) and sugars are up.  Am re-adding a unit of
insulin starting tonight, my fastings went up 12-20 pts.
I also have noted that on pump, many similar adjustments needed, with pump,
smaller adjustments can be made for tighter control.  I am on pump list, to
learn.  Wow, alot I did not know.
Being patient with the Diabetes Clinic, is not easy. I get impression I am to
know nothing..(Don't know if you have that problem.)
I am not a LADA,  some honeymoon you are having!
>From what I have been hearing, insurance companies are more ready to spring for
pumps.  It is the offical channels you have to go thru, screenings & etc.  Point
A, is your endo.
Take a deep breath, write down what you want to say to endo. especially about
how you feel the pump will better stabilize you and your life. I had to stamp
feet just to get insulin!  U could always try that for pump! :)  Good luck.
Linda