Re: [IP] Re: how long does Humalog work?

On 24 Mar 2001, at 16:17, email @ redacted wrote:

> Hi I am fairly new to the pump,  and i have been told that Humalog works for
> two hours.  In and out, gone done it's job,  I am new to humalog.
> Thanks, Kitty

Actually, it's closer to 4 to 6 hours.  The absorption rate *peaks* at
around 1.5 hours.  See graph on link below:

The book _Pumping Insulin_ has a chart for "unused insulin",
meaning, how much of the previous bolus/injection is still working.
It's important to be able to calculate that fairly closely so that you
don't overbolus the next time.