[IP] Yet Another Reservoir Question

be certain I rotate the plunger inside the reservoir several times
to make sure all the lubricant is spread around.

I think this is why MM is telling you about the 3 day usage of a
The lubricant(on the O rings - like in the Space Shuttle!) may lose
lubrication and not work correctly, let air in, move in chunks verses
smouthly as pressure is put on the plunger.

I KNOW, Your problem is with a NEW Reservoir, but just trying to give a
possible explination of MM response.

Enjoy each day.