[IP] Yet Another Reservoir Question

Will someone please tell me why MM suggests you pitch your reservoir
after three days?  I am the person who is posting here concerning high
BG on days when I start a "New" reservoir. MM keeps telling me it doesn
work after three days, and I keep blowing them out of the water by
stating that it is not the third day I am having trouble with, but the
very first day when I start the cartridge.  By day three it is working
I realize they want to make all the money they can on supplies, but I am
not stupid enough to think that the reservoir knows when three days are
up and decided to quit working!