Re: [IP] Site Adhesive Residue

>Clear DayDoes anyone else have trouble getting that sticky adhesive residue
>off your skin after changing sites?  (I use an IV prep to help the infusion
>set hold better.)  I've used rubbing alcohol, soap and water, and a scrub
>brush, but still can't get it all off!
>[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
>Clear Day Bkgrd.JPG]

Maybe my skin is funny but a little 99% rubbing alchol works.  Sometimes I
use baby oil but find it not quite as effective.  Trick:  I let the residue
soak in the oils or alcohol for a few minutes prior to wiping/scrubbing.

Ever tried removing adhesive residue from automotive parts?  Trick is to
soak them in the adhesive remover first - sometimes for hours!  I just wish
I could use the highly toxic chemicals on me! ;-/

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 4 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &
the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.

To date:   57% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1C = 5.1  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).