[IP] Basal Rate of .1 or Use of Diluted Insulin

(1) Does anyone have experience with basal rates of .1 units per hour, and if
so, have you had any problems with occlusion, or were you ever told you
needed to use diluted insulin?  I take about 46 total units per day with 8
different basal rates.  I was told by the nurse at my doctor's office that I
needed to use diluted insulin because basal rates as low as .1 will cause
clogging.  I contacted Disetronic directly, and they didn't seem to think
that should cause a problem.  (2) Since I'm still relatively new to pumping
(one month), is it common for both the basal rates and bolus rates to be
changed at the same time every few days?  (3) I have read Walsh's book
Pumping Insulin and believe the information could be very useful, however, my
doctor's office apparently has a different view of how to get basal/bolus
rates regulated.  I would be interested in knowing how many doctor's offices
actually recommend following the suggested guidelines in Pumping Insulin.