Re: [IP] Depression and pumping

       I read your post and Spot's reply. I have to agree with him!! You are
still young and CAN easily turn your life around!!! I am 31 years old with a
9 year old daughter. I too felt the same way you do. I don't know if you have
any complications but as for me, I was out of control for a long time and now
I'm paying the price.... retinopathy, gastroparesis, neuropathy, etc... it's
a rough life being a diabetic but at some point everyone has to make a
decision. I thought about my daughter and that's what made me decide I NEED
to get on the ball. So, now I'm on my way to getting a pump. Yes, the idea
scares me to death, but....not being here for my little girl scares me even
more!! I know how hard it is to get back to where you need to be. It's not an
overnight trip, it takes time. I had a doctor that fired me for noncompliance
when I was younger. That didn't even scare me enough. But like I said,
thinking about other people who love you makes you feel differently about the
whole thing!
I hope that you will get on the pump as I've seen it's helped a lot of people
and I'm looking forward to mine helping with my complications!! Please keep
in touch, email me privately if you'd ever like to chat!
Take care of yourself,
All my best,

dx 10/1/81  (Florida)
Awaiting the arrival of my new pump, "Skippy"
Soon, very soon!!!!