Re: : [IP] High BG After Changing Reservoir

--On Friday, March 23, 2001 9:33 AM -0500 "Brust, Colleen J Ms ORISE
(Fennessy)" <email @ redacted> wrote:r
> Or maybe it's another problem.  The insulin in my fully primed tubing
> sometimes "slides" back down the tube when it's disconnected from the set.

This always happens to me. I too believe it to be related to whether the
pump is raised higher or lower than the needle - but only when it's
disconnected. If I hold the needle up in the air, it is like the insulin
slips back in a few inches down the tubing.
because of this I rarely disconnect because I don't want to have to worry
about the pressure change or whatever it is that is affecting the amount of
insulin in the tubing.  I am not aware of any insulin leaking out of the
tubing - it seems to go back down into the tubing.  When filling a new
cartridge, I also try to avoid moving the pump after I have primed until i
get re-connected.
You aren't the only one!
Betsy Polley