Re: [IP] desperate for saline

At my first visit with my pump trainer, she showed me how to work the pump
and hook up an infusion set using saline solution.  She gave me a few small
bottles of saline solution, they look like insulin bottles, and scheduled me
for a live hook up two or three weeks later.  I wore the pump, changing the
infusion sets every three days using the saline solution.  At one point I ran
out of the saline solution and I had to pick up a bottle from the trainer.
She told me that I had to use the kind without any preservatives.  I was
unable to get it at the pharmacy.  I believe she told me that the kind with
the preservatives would burn or sting.  I am very glad I had the time on the
saline solution to get use to the hookups etc.