Re: [IP] Sara and her pump wowed the competition

Pamela and of course Sara,
         Congrats!!! I think what you are doing is great!! My younger brother
is into swimming also so I know how challenging it can be. With you doing as
well as you did AND being a diabetic really says something about the way you
take care of yourself. As a young woman, like yourself, I was also diabetic.
However, a big difference was that I did not have an insulin pump and
whenever I wanted to do some type of sport, it was always a big hassle.  I'm
really happy for you. I'm sure you will continue to do well in your sport and
I look forward to hearing your name in the Olympics one day.
       Also, I live in the Fort Lauderdale area. I'm sure you will be
swimming at the Swimming Hall of Fame pool. If you need a tour guide, let me
know, I'd be more than happy to show you around town.
     Take care, all my best,

dx 10/1/81  (Florida)
Awaiting the arrival of my new pump, "Skippy"
Soon, very soon!!!!