Re: [IP] picking a pump

--- The size of
the pump and battery life seem similar.

One of the great things about my Animas pump is the
batteries.  They last about 3-4 months and cost $ 3.00
> ea.  It takes 4.  But you can buy them at any
Walgreens or camera shop-Energizer and Duracell both
make them.  My understanding is that Diesetronic has
special order batteries that are pricey.  Check out
their web site for replacement batteries.  The Animas
has everything a pumper could want-quick delivery so
you can bolus right before meals, 4 basal rates(one
for sick, exercise, your period, normal-for example),
extended boluses for weddings and buffets.  It's easy
to program, easy to wear (they even give you a free
fashion clip-on in your choice of colors).  I love the
company and the service has been great.  Hope this
helps!