Re: [IP] Highs that won't go away!

In a message dated 3/22/2001 12:24:51 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< And what is this doing to the baby?  Is he starving when my blood sugar is
this high? >>

My understanding is that the baby does get extra sugar when your blood sugar
is high, but that their pancreas gives them extra insulin to process it (the
reason that babies can get big). If this only happens on occasion it should
not harm the baby. I'm not an expert, but this is my understanding.

I had my first experience with DKA on the pump on Saturday. In all these
years (26) this was a 1st for me. I'm convinced that it was due to an air
bubble in my reservoir - that won't happen again!

Be nice to yourself and know that you are doing all that you can.