[IP] FastTake strip availability - getting an Ultra from Lifescan

I emailed Lifescan about my problems with the availability of FastTake
strips, and they emailed me back in a few days offering me an Ultra.  I
didn't have to ask for it, although I did threaten to go back to using my
Glucometer Elite. I know some people are also having problems getting the
Ultra strips, but at least now i have the ultra which seems to be a faster
and better meter. Between the two hopefully I can find enough strips to get
me through the 8-12 tests/day I am doing while pregnant!

Lifescan's main suggestio was to shop around and use the internet to find
the strips, but my insurance severely limits my choice of pharmacies and
doesn't include internet pharmacies.

The most relevant portions of their response are quoted here:

obtain the ONE TOUCH FastTake Test Strips.  Please know, the current
high demand for the ONE TOUCH FastTake Test Strips has
had an effect on the availability of this product.  However, product
availability will vary from each pharmacy based upon their distributor.
Please know that LifeScan is working diligently to distribute the
product as quickly and broadly across the nation as we can.

(snipped part about shopping around and suggested internet retailers)

Also, please know that LifeScan realizes how important blood glucose
monitoring is for your well-being and while this is not a routine
procedure, to assist you, I would like to offer you a complimentary One
Touch Ultra Meter to use as a back up.  For more information regarding
this meter, please visit the following site:

It is important to note that, despite their similar appearance, the ONE
TOUCH FastTake Test Strips and One Touch Ultra Test Strips are not

Betsy, age 34, Type 1 27 years, Disetronic 6 yrs, on third pregnancy with
pump and due in June.