[IP] Patients Bill of Rights

I hope that no one on this list was expecting a
comprehensive Patients Bill Of Rights, as promised
by this administration.  Dubya will veto any
legislation that includes the ability to sue HMO's
(the limit was set at $5 mil in the preliminary
stages, which seemed reasonable for pain and
suffering to me).  It appears that the hoped for
legislation would have the worst results for the HMO
being that they will pay what they should have paid
in the first place (if the patient survives that
long).  This seem like a good issue to inform our
legislatures about, as they will probably need to
override a veto.

email @ redacted
There ought to be limits to freedom.
 - George W. Bush